FT—Reston, VA (preferred)
Intermarkets is a digital media company that has served conservative publications for well over a decade. In 2014, we launched three of our own socially-driven news publications which now boast more than 3m Facebook fans and drive 20m+ monthly site visitors. Our editorial team publishes more than 600 articles, 1,500 social media posts, and 4 million emails every month. We need a strong conservative voice with digital savvy to join our team and contribute to our efforts to take these publications to the next level. This addition to our existing talent mix could allow us to even launch additional publications!
Our core audience of omnivores enjoys informative stories, entertaining videos, and witty memes across the gamut of digital platforms. We are looking for a smart and engaging content creator who is politically tuned and knows how to not only connect with our audience, but also make them want to share our content. The ideal candidate is someone who can both produce compelling content and effectively promote it. This person has the skills and desire to help build-out content sharing channels to expand our audience and further establish these young, dynamic brands. This position is full-time and can be based out of our Reston, VA office (preferred) or remote.
A Content Creator will collaborate with our team of media professionals in a multimedia environment to plan, write, design, edit, upload, and promote compelling content that represents the voice of our owned and operated publications. This team member will produce high quality, engaging content for websites, newsletters, and social media platforms that results in positive user experiences and traffic to our properties. A Content Creator must understand our audience and digital content consumption behavior in order to effectively create and promote both written and visual content. This role will leverage copywriting, creative, content marketing, and social media skills in order to positively impact growth, authenticity, and awareness of our brands’ reputation and readership. This position reports to the Content Manager.
- Research and identify topics and news stories relevant to our brand(s) and valuable to our readers
- Write, edit, and produce articles with attention-grabbing, SEO-friendly headlines for publications as assigned
- Write, edit and publish social media posts designed to drive audience engagement
- Act as the voice of our publication(s) on Twitter
- Conceptualize and create visual memes and community focused posts for social media
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of advertising campaigns on Facebook
- Design and implement strategies to grow our audience on Twitter and other social platforms
- Leverage connections and content marketing expertise to help establish and grow audience channels
- Assist with the implementation/optimization of and follow SEO best practices
- Generally create and promote content that positions our brands as high-value, nationally ranked social news sites
- Generate ideas for articles, features, and new elements for websites, email, and social platforms
- Produce timely results while working effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Assist with ongoing branding and market awareness campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and sales team on understanding our audiences
- Effectively communicate with colleagues to promote collaboration and efficiencies
- Maintain up-to-date and extensive knowledge of the digital media industry and publishing trends
- Stay current with relevant technical skills, processes, and policies
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media, or similar discipline preferred. A track record of excellence in a related field may substitute for formal education.
- Professional experience with social media and blogging
- Strong copywriting and proofing skills
- Compelling story-telling ability and engaging headline writing
- Working understanding of SEO techniques
- In touch with current events and American politics
- Able to understand and connect with an audience – even if perspectives differ
- Outstanding skills in MS Office and WordPress; HTML editing and design software proficiency a strong plus
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual able to complete assigned tasks within appropriate timeframes in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism
- Works collaboratively and thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented diverse environment
- High standards of integrity, responsibility, and respect
- Positive and optimistic
To Apply: Please email your resume AND a custom cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line should state, “Content Creator” to be considered for this position.
Digital Media Sales and Account Management Professionals
We are looking for sales professionals and account managers who share our passion for extraordinary growth and reward. This position requires innovative problem solving, intelligent risk taking, and genuine curiosity. Successful applicants must demonstrate leadership, drive, ambition, and the desire to excel.
Currently we are seeking:
- Senior Account Executives: Minimum 6+ Years Media/Online Experience
- Account Executives: Minimum 2+ Years Media/Online Experience
- Account Managers: Minimum 2+ Years Media/Online Experience
- Nurture and grow revenue with all accounts
- Portray and fulfill a consultative, customer-focused approach
- Experience in media sales, media buying, advertising or agency sales experience
- Experience in the digital media/online advertising industry strongly preferred
- A history of consistent job performance growth
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals and/or job performance metrics
- Effective communication and follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Task- and results-oriented
- Working knowledge of SalesForce
- Team approach
- A “can do” attitude
- Passion and genuine curiosity
- Self-starting leadership
To Apply: Send us your resume, cover letter, and three sales accomplishments that validate your track record as a smart, aggressive, and honest sales person. Send these materials firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a paragraph or two detailing why we should schedule an interview with you. The subject line must state which position you’re applying for—senior, account executive, or junior—in order to be considered.