The StandUnited Intern will proactively position and promote StandUnited.org, the first open and free petition platform that allows individuals and organizations to engage and mobilize supporters on issues such as free enterprise, fiscal responsibility, and limited government, among others. This role requires a highly driven, self-motivated individual who is genuinely engaged and passionate about the work and can serve as a voice of the StandUnited brand. This is a part-time, paid position working out of Reston. The expectation is for this to be a three-month internship with the potential of running longer.
- Supports petition creation opportunities.
- Identifies and conducts outreach to potential petition sponsors.
- Researches timely issues that make for relevant petition topics.
- Reviews other petition platforms for petitions that would perform well on StandUnited.
- Conducts outreach to media outlets about local petitions of interest.
- Researches and writes article/blog posts for StandUnited’s content hub.
- Conducts media sweeps of news media and social media platforms to identify trending topics.
- Analyzes, measures and reports on StandUnited’s social media accounts and effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Works with Business Development team to define and articulate StandUnited messaging.
- Stays current with social media tools, trends/best practices and makes recommendations for improvements to StandUnited’s social media.
- Coordinates and assists with StandUnited events.
- Assists with video planning and production, may appear on-camera.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Excellent copywriting skills and ability to create targeted content for audience
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Hootsuite or other social media experience a plus
- Great attention to detail
- An ability to work independently, and communicate dependably and professionally
- Eager to learn and curious by nature
- Works well in collaborative, innovative environment
- High standards of integrity, responsibility, and respect
- Positive and optimistic
- An interest in right of center politics
To Apply: Please email your resume AND a custom cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line should state, “StandUnited Intern” to be considered for this position.