The Intermarkets-Lucido Journalism Scholarship Fund
The Intermarkets-Lucido Journalism Scholarship Fund was created to recognize an outstanding graduating High School Senior who will be majoring in journalism and who promotes and understands the importance of non-biased journalism in the United States media.
Scholarship award: One (1) $5,000 Scholarship
- U.S. Citizen
- Legal resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Graduating senior from any public or private Virginia high school
- Majoring/planning to major in journalism at an accredited, U.S. 4-year college or university to which the candidate has been accepted
- Provide two published articles or graded essays that reflect the candidate's writing style
- Submit an essay (approx. 200 words) that answers the question: "What are three character traits that a journalist should have and why?"
- Submit an essay that takes a current news article (not an opinion column/editorial/op-ed) from a major U.S. newspaper that the candidate views as biased reporting/journalism. Describe in 500+ words why the article is biased and how it should be changed.
- Extracurricular activities
- Academic excellence
Scholarship is not being offered for the 2014-2015 academic year. Please check back for future information.