Popular Resources for Publishers
There are plenty of resources available on the Web about managing your site's advertising. Some are much better than others. Here are some of our favorite sources for information, some are specifically related the Web, others relate to Web publishing, advertising in general and business and the economy:
- The Internet Advertising Bureau: The universal standard for Web advertising.
- The Internet Advertising Bureau Universal Ad Package
- The Internet Advertising Board: A broad and diverse source of information about Web advertising.
- Advertising Age Magazine: One of the most widely read advertising trade publications.
- Specialized Information Publishers Association: Offers tips and advice for a variety of publishers.
- The Economist: The absolute best news, business and economics publication in the world, period.
- MasterNewMedia.org: An entertaining aggregator of news and information about Web site publishing.
- Publishing 2.0: Detailed blog about how technology is transforming media.
For every point of view about Web publishing, there's usually a counterpoint. Best bet is to find information sources you like and respect, add in a bit of skepticism, and even then, hedge your bets. Or ask us, we'll give you our perspective.